It’s estimated that staging your home can often raise the asking price by 6% to 15%. It’s a way of appealing to the emotions of a home buyer to make the home more appealing to the eye. According to an article in Scientific American, room design has actually been shown to affect our mood and even productivity.
It isn’t a realistic option for everyone, however, to complete a full furniture overhaul, or a complete room makeover. Royal LePage Supreme realtors offer a staging consultation as part of their marketing plan! If you’re looking for ways to update your space, here are a few tips to transform any room in under 5 minutes:
- Lighting: Getting a room dimmer allows for flexibility depending on the time of day, event or mood – bonus, they are great energy savers! Another tip, LED Soft white light bulbs are ideal for professional photos.
- Rugs: adding colour or patterns through an area rug creates an instant statement.
- Candles: an incredibly inexpensive way to change the ambiance of a space
- Declutter: It is important to depersonalize the space from photos or tchotchke, to make room for the buyer’s own imagination. Less is more! It’s also a great way to prepare yourself for the move.
- Switch up your accessories: look for subtle accents you can quickly add to a room ie: throws, pillows
- Do some rearranging: the arrangement of a room’s contents is nearly as important as the contents themselves
- Painting: Not always necessary, but something to consider if your home has bold colours. Colours mean different things to different people, and are also known to affect your mood. Neutral colours are the way to go!
You don’t need to spend a ton of time or money to change the feel or ambiance of a room, a few simple tricks can completely transform the feel of your space!