As many of us know, this weekend is the Victoria Day long weekend – this means we have an extra day to sleep in before getting back to work. For many Torontonians, this is also the first cottage weekend of the year, with the weather warming up it is the perfect time to open up the cottage for the summer and enjoy some fresh air away from the hustle and bustle of the city. For the cottage-goers, it will be a weekend filled with sunshine, beer, BBQ, and…repairs.
For those of us staying in the city, here are a few activities to consider this long weekend:
- Victoria Day Fireworks – a great idea to do with your friends or family – there will be fireworks happening all around the city, at locations like Ashbridges Bay and Canada’s Wonderland
- Rib Fest – if you’re a fan of bbq and meat(sorry vegans) – this is a fun activity for you – happening May 21-22 at Yonge&Dundas Square
- Fort York Victoria Day – celebrate Queen Victoria’s birthday at the birthplace of Toronto! May 23 from 10am-5pm
- Food Trucks – food trucks have been rapidly gaining popularity, especially in the city center. If you have some extra time on your hands and want to try some fun new food this weekend – check out torontofoodtrucks.ca for all the info on which food trucks will be out this weekend and where they will be!
For more info on these events and other events happening in the city this weekend check out http://www.todocanada.ca/GTA+Victoria+Day+Fireworks/
So whether you are going to the cottage this weekend, or staying in the city, RLPS wishes everyone a fun, safe long weekend!
According to an article posted on blogTO: First posted by Urban Toronto, the artist concept drawings of the redevelopment don’t show the actual designs for the mall’s replacement, but serve to help imagine what revitalization might look like. What’s important to note here is the presence of woonerfs, outdoor public space, a revamped Wallace-Emerson Park and Community Centre, and the scale of the residential buildings.
Urban Toronto quotes Joe Svec of Galleria Developments as saying the plan is to maintain or expand the existing square footage of retail, much of which will be smaller stores.
What do you think about the preliminary plans for the Galleria Mall redevelopment?
With mother’s day fast approaching, some of us may be starting our quest for the perfect gift for mom: the woman who thinks she has it all. However, sometimes the perfect gift may not be one we can buy, but rather something we can do. Mom’s are always putting others first and forget to take care of themselves. So this mother’s day, why not help make mom feel extra special? Here are a few things you can do for mother’s day(or any day) to pamper mom:
- Breakfast: Start mom’s day off the right way with a homemade meal, coffee, pancakes, the whole deal.
- Take her out: so if cooking isn’t your forte, making a reservation for breakfast lunch or dinner with mom can be just as special!
- Take her to the spa: buy mom a spa package, after all she does, she deserves to be pampered for the day.
- Tell her how you feel: sometimes, life gets busy and we forget to tell our loved ones how much we appreciate them. Make her a card, or just write her something that lets her know how much you love and appreciate all she does.
- Spend time with her: probably the best gift you can give her.